Monday, January 26, 2015

Hiding Under a Rock

Hi everyone, happy 2015. Just poking my head up from under a rock to give you an update.

If you didn't already know, I'm deep in the query trenches. It's brutal. So I've been hiding under a rock for God knows how long.

It's hard to go at it alone, sometimes you feel like you're the only one facing the rejection and pain, but you're not. There are hundreds of writers out there at the same point in the process as you.
I personally haven't even tried reaching out many querying writers, but I know they're out there. My fellow blogger Miss Cole has been chronicling her adventures in querying and Coping with Rejection. It's nice keeping track of other's progress and as I slowly rejoin the community, hopefully I'll find other writers under that rock as well.


That being said, I'm going to try to get back in the swing of things. I'll be getting back into What's Up Wednesday. I miss that community. Maybe I'll do independent posts and updates every couple weeks. In the meantime, I have a  books to read, a novel to revise, chocolate to consume.

Speaking of chocolate, the chocolate side of "Reading, Writing and Chocolate" hasn't been as prominent as the other two features. That will change.

Right now on the East Coast we're about to be hit by a huge blizzard. While I'm not in the heart of the storm, it's still freezing up here. On a cold winter day I love snuggling up in a blanket and drinking hot chocolate. I don't like reading and drinking hot chocolate in danger of ruining the book. I'm clumsy.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :) And yes, querying is brutal, but you're definitely not alone. Hang in there.

    Stay warm and consume ALL the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete