Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Contest Blues

I can honestly admit that I have never won a writing contest. I’ve been writing for years and I’ve won nothing. (I don’t count that poem I wrote in the third grade that got in like a children’s poetry book because I didn’t know what it was for.)


It’s very sad.

The worst part of the matter is that I never find out I didn’t win until I look up the contest winners on the website. There was this one contest that I entered every year since the eighth grade. This year I was determined to win. THEY CANCELED THE CONTEST. I was heartbroken, it was my senior year, I had a great story and my writing skill had improved tenfold. (See I used the word tenfold. I would have never used that word in the past)

My most recent loss was for a novel writing competition part of this big art and writing contest. There are pros and cons to this matter.

Pro- I don’t have to worry about the two year copyright if was recognized

Con- I wasn’t even recognized

Pro- I can finish writing it sooner

Con- I could have finished it with a chance of publication

It’s pretty much Even Steven. Well, I’m not really going work on finishing it much. I’m still rewriting of my finished novel. I have a lot of work to do.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment