Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Currently 5/24/16

So after a long hiatus, I am back.  This is a recurring theme, I know. What better way to start off than to hop on the Currently train started by the ever so lovely Katy Upperman. Here is a list of what I'm currently doing.

Loving
Zumba, I've been taking classes at a local dance studio lately. I missed almost a month of classes due to my rehearsal schedule, but I went back yesterday and it felt so good to get back into it. My schedule is a little crazy stiill, so I can't go as often as I'd like. Luckily it's one of those classes that I can just hop into and start dancing. I love it.

Reading
I've been in a reading slump, not because I don't have anything to read, I have too much actually. Right now I'm trying to get through Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. It's really good, I just need to actually sit down and read alone for a couple hours. I'm trying to stay up to date on TV right now, but luckily all of my shows are ending for the season and I have very few summer shows on my list. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more books until I finish at least three of the ones I bought this past year.

Watching
Currently, I'm finishing up The Flash and Arrow, those season finales air this week. Everything is wrapping up for the summer, almost all of my favorite shows were renewed (RIP Agent Cater and Galavant). But there are a a few new shows that I'm excited to watch in the Fall. Also, I may or may not be obsessed with the English Dub an animated French children's show. Yeah, I am. #iamanadult But I the next season won't be out until early next year. I only have fanfic and comics to hold me over. Blargh.

Listening to
I'm the sound designer for my theatre company's current show. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Italian Guitar music.

Thinking about
I'm still going through revisions, right now my MS is with a beta reader and I'm waiting for her feedback. Even though I'm away from it, I still keep thinking about how I can tweak and make it better. The life of a writer I guess.

Anticipating
The show I'm working on right now opens on Saturday. It's a really funny show, but we haven't had an audience yet. I can't wait to watch other people reacts to the jokes.

Wishing
I wish I could start and finish a new novel soon. This story has been in my head for months. I'm planning on trying Camp NaNoWriMo again. I didn't finish last year for some reason. This summer is going to be intense at the theatre, but if I have a good outline and the drive, I'm sure I can do it.

Making me happy
Just knowing I'm in a good place right now. I have a job doing what I love, I'm in a good place writing wise and  I don't know, I'm just happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm crazy stressed all the time, but it's like the good stressed.

1 comment:

  1. I love your "Making Me Happy" section this week, and I'm so happy to hear that you're in such a good place with work and writing. What a joy. <3 Also, I totally get what you said about having *too* much to read. Sometimes I feel truly overwhelmed by all of the books I need (and want!) to finish. Hope you have a fantastic week, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete