Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 11/5/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.

Super short post because of NaNo.
 
What I'm Reading: I started Heir of Fire but I'm afraid to get into it or else I'll spend all day reading.

What I'm Writing:  Working on my NaNoWriMo novel. I keep falling behind, but today it the day to play catch up. Either way, I'm enjoying writing. I started my first NaNoWriMo blog post yesterday. Check it out here


What Works For Me: Night time writing. With the exception of last night, I've been doing most of my writing two or three hours before bed. It works for me, but I know I need to get more writing done earlier in the day. Last night I fell asleep around 10pm and got very little writing done. I can still write at night, just not too late anymore. I have to remember that I'm not in college anymore. I have a job and responsibilities.

What Else I've Been Up To: Nothing, work, writing, watching Supernatural.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. I hear you on HEIR OF FIRE. I think that might be why I haven't plunged in just yet. I know I'll get nothing else done lol. Good luck with your NaNo project! I think just getting words down is awesome even if you don't "win" NaNo. I'm pretty confident you'll catch up, though! Have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I experiment with various times of day and find that some weeks, I get more done in the morning, and other weeks, I'm more productive at night. I wish I could pin down the best time, but it seems to shift based on any number of variables (how much I'm sleeping, what else I'm doing, etc. etc.)

    Good luck with your NaNo novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often get more writing done at night, but now I write in the mornings so I can hit my wordcount before I get distracted by other things. Best of luck with NaNo! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with NaNo! I used to be a serious nighttime writer. Since I started college, though, I've been getting my daily word count in during the day instead. My nights are too crowded with a little too much TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the issue I've run with this NaNo too. I'm very much a night owl/nighttime writer but my job is regular 9-5 (or 7-3, 8-4 depending on when I get out of bed) hours. And I got myself two new obsessions this year: running and ice skating (the latter is just a renewed obsession). If only I could write and run/skate at the same time...
    and not go to work but still get paid.

    ReplyDelete