Tuesday, November 4, 2014

2014 NaNoWriMo Chronicles pt. 1

The NaNoWriMo has finally arrived, and boy am I tired. Let's recap:

NaNo Swag
Day 1: I start off strong. 1500 words by 1 am. Later in the afternoon I meet up with some writers in my region for a Write-In. We mostly talked, but so I didn't get much writing done, but that was expected. I felt comfortable enough with my word count at that point. By the end of the day I'm at 1800 words, which is a great start. I wanted to do a Google Hangout with some writing buddies, but my computer crapped out and I couldn't do it. Lucky for me I backed up at the Write-In.

Day 2: A little difficult. My entire day was booked and by the time I got home, I was too tired to get much writing done. At the end of the day I was at 2680 word, just a few hundred words shy of the word count goal of 3333 words.

Day 3: I managed to get a good chunk of my writing done in the evening before bed. It may have something to do with the shiny new toy I bought. Let's just say, I won't be having many troubles with technology for a while. (Who am I kidding? It's a new laptop, you all saw this coming). By the end of the night I managed to hit the 5000 word count goal.

Day 4: After a long day at work, I am ready to get some writing done. The goal tonight is to be at 6,667 words. I know I can make it. I've got a good support group online and in real life. I'm in a good place with my writing.

The story is coming along nicely. I've set myself on a clear path and I am excited to see where these characters take me. Writing contemporary is not as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, I'm still tempted to add in a ghost or some magical element. Oh well, despite being behind, I'm having a blast working on the story and being active in the NaNoWriMo community.

Happy Writing!

2 comments:

  1. W00t, new laptop! Congrats on the word count! I sometimes feel like I don't get as much writing done at write-ins either but they're good for bouncing ideas off people, getting out of a corner you've written yourself into, etc. And sometimes, just the act of getting out of the house is enough to get me to write.

    Good luck with the rest of Week 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, too!

    ReplyDelete