Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chocolate with Nuts

Hey everyone. Sorry that I've been a bad blogger. This past month has been pretty busy. I had to balance work, writing, closing a play, preparing for college, and getting in some friend time before I leave. You forgive me right?
Not only have I been a bad blogger, but I've been a bad reader also. In all honesty I did not read more than two books last month. I'm still going to read the Sarah Dessen books like I promised, but it's been rough. I've started many books I just never had time to finish them. Maybe since I own most of the books I started, I don't need to rush to finish them before I needed to return them. I bought a book that a book club was reading at my local Barnes and Noble. I only got halfway through it by the end of the month. Needless to say I didn't go to the meeting. (I also forgot about it.)
On the other hand, I have been writing a little bit. My manuscript is on hold at the moment because my friend is reading the hard copy I printed out to edit. Lucky for me she promised to edit it and give me notes. So while the manuscript is away the writer will play. I have been playing with a lot of stories that I shoved behind while I was on my insane query quest. So with my new found freedom I've enjoyed working on other pieces for a change.
As for chocolate. My mom wanted me to talk about nuts. I hate all nuts other than peanuts and cashews. I hate it when my mom gets a can of mixed nuts instead of just peanuts. Then I end up eating all of the peanuts and cashews and that causes problems. Nuts in chocolate it a different story though. I can eat chocolate with almond pieces just fine.I like the crunch. However, if you give me a chocolate covered almond I will eat the chocolate and throw away a perfectly good almond. That's just me. Don't get me started on walnut brownies. The point is I'm not so nuts about nuts.
As you know it's still Reading, Writing and Chocolate's Summer Reading Edition and I'm suppose to give a challenge for the month. Well since I failed at all of my challenges and my life is a little hectic, I'm not going to give a challenge. Instead I say go out and read, write and eat chocolate. I'm going to try to blog once a week and read a lot more before I go to school. I'll continue to write while working on my manuscript. Also, I'll keep an eye out for new chocolate treats to share with you.
Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie!!!!

    Guess what!??!!?!?? I won the Versatile Blogger Award, and now I'm giving it to YOU!!!!! You're one of my go-to blogs and I'm really excited to share this award with you!!!!--You have some awesome reviews and posts, plus a really amazing design!!!!--So you totally deserve it!!! :) To pick up the award, you can click on my link and grab it--all the instructions are there!!!


    http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/2010/08/2-times-awesome.html

    Congrats!!!

    Jill/nymfaux
    (\__/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really!!! It was too big to put in a tweet, and I couldn't find your email, so I hoped you'd find it here!!! Hope you enjoy!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a while before I accept this. I don't follow that many book bloggers. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) No time limits!!! :) It's still yours to keep!!!

    ReplyDelete