Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm back!

I’ve been taking two lit courses this semester. One is Introduction to Literary Fiction and the other is a Comparative Lit class called Major Characters in Western Literature. I have been assigned quite a bit of reading since I started these courses and it has been a handful. My limits have been pushed in these classes and I had an epiphany Reading and writing from an academic view point is hard.


I love to read but it’s hard to read a novel and just study it and say what I think the author is trying to say (if anyone has E.M. Forster on speed dial from the dead let me know.) on the other hand I do like discussing literature with my well educated colleges students, but writing it on paper has without sounding like I don’t know what I’m talking about? Yeah a little difficult.

College life has been good for me though. I’m never late for my classes; I get my homework done and have an adequate social life. My problem is that I don’t have time to read or write. I barely get through my required reading for class and whenever I say “I’m going to have a writing day” I get tired or remember I have to do something for class. I just need to get into the grove of things.

Next week is banned books week and hopefully I’ll get to talk about my favorite banned books. Last year I wrote an article on Banned books for my school newspaper. I posted it a while back after Ellen Hopkins' uninvitation to the Teen Lit Festival last month. You can check it out here
What are your favorite banned books?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment